What I bake, the chibis I draw, and my ever changing fashion tastes.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Cookie Day!

Hello everyone! And happy National Cookie Day!
I'd like to say a few words.
    Cookies have existed for hundreds of years! They appear to have originated from 7th century Persia.
According to an online magazine, cookies were first invented as samples for cakes. To see if a cake recipe was any good, bakers would just bake a little bit and then try it. People eventually discovered that these tiny cake thingies were good! And thus, the cookie was born.
    Unfortunately, I did not know it was this sweet treat's holiday today until my good friend told me via e-mail. And since I had already planned to make cookies tomorrow for this friend, I thought I probably shouldn't today....So I made banana muffins!! I usually don't really like bananas plain, but in muffins, they are good! And besides, everyone loves muffins! Well, most everyone. I know I do!

So happy Cookie Day, readers! I wonder when cupcake day is....

4 comments:

  1. Yay for cookies! I've been working on the same batch of cookies since yesterday ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool i did not know this was a holiday i do know that jan. 23 is national pie day and march 3 is if your pets had a thumb day and, THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IS COMING!!!!!!remember aim for the head and destroy the brain, toodels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay! I will use that information.

    ReplyDelete